The Essential Ingredient, Prahran Market, Elizabeth Street
Prahran VIC, 3141 South Yarra
Phone: (03) 9827 9047
Now in its 18th year our Cooking School remains focused on expert presenters, techniques, ingredients and topics to inspire and enthuse you to become a better cook.
Explore. Discover. Indulge
Do you yearn to learn the art of hot smoking?
Want to know how to fold perfect dumplings?
Keen to learn about the magic of yeast and leavened breads? Bravo. We thought you might.
We have familiar faces returning to teach this year alongside seven new presenters. You’ll be embracing new skills, using new ingredients, getting healthier and indulging in simple deliciousness.
Learn the art of curing meats; discover tricks and tips to make your good Sunday roast great; start working on menus for gut health, and cook and enjoy what is eaten during a Nordic Celebration. In every class you’ll have the opportunity to learn from our experts and with over 40 classes in our Prahran Cooking School, we will get you on the road to becoming the best cook you can be.
Scroll down or click here to view our schedule of classes for 2017. Phone 03 9827 9047 to secure your place!
Follow us on on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook, or sign up for our enewlsetter (right of screen) to stay up to date on additional hands-on cooking classes, interactive workshops & chef’s table events through the year.
- Pastry Essentials - FULLY BOOKED - 29 Apr 2017 - 10:00
- Vegan Eats - 30 Apr 2017 - 10:00
- Tart It Up - 7 May 2017 - 10:00
- Bone, Fillet, Slice & Dice - 20 May 2017 - 10:00
- Sicilian Secrets - 21 May 2017 - 10:00
- Complete Thai - 27 May 2017 - 10:00
- Egg, Flour, Water - 3 Jun 2017 - 10:00
- One Pot Wonders - 4 Jun 2017 - 10:00
- Exclusive Chef's Table with Gill Meller - 6 Jun 2017 - 18:00
- Hola Mexico - 17 Jun 2017 - 10:00
- Cake Essentials - 18 Jun 2017 - 10:00
- Sunday Roast - 24 Jun 2017 - 10:00
- Asian-Style Family Meal - 25 Jun 2017 - 10:00
- Bone, Fillet, Slice & Dice - 22 Jul 2017 - 10:00
- Mindful Indian - 23 Jul 2017 - 10:00
- Nordic Celebration - 24 Jul 2017 - 18:00
- Understanding Fish - 29 Jul 2017 - 10:00
- Cooking The Spice Trail - 30 Jul 2017 - 10:00
- Smoke Signals: Cooking With Charcoal - 12 Aug 2017 - 10:00
- Easy Seafood At Home - 13 Aug 2017 - 10:00
cooking classes, cooking class, cooking school, cooking schools