Standard Opening Hours:
The Essential Ingredient South Melbourne
Caper Gravlax Recipe
- Blend 50g capers with 300g salt. Add 300g sugar and 50ml gin.
- Remove any bones from a large salmon or ocean trout fillet. Cover the fish with the salt mix on all sides, then seal with plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped fish on a baking tray, cover with a plate and top with weights, then refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unwrap fish and rinse gently in cool water to remove all salt and sugar. Top with chopped dill and a sprinkling of dried capers.
- Slice thinly and serve with rye bread, sour cream and thinly sliced red onion.
Latest Prahran Articles & Recipes