The Essential Ingredient Prahran
The Essential Ingredient Cooking School Prahran 2019 Schedule is Now Available
Our Cooking School Prahran 2019 Schedule is now available online for you to browse through all the exciting classes we have available this year. Check out all the details HERE
Caper Gravlax Recipe
- Blend 50g capers with 300g salt. Add 300g sugar and 50ml gin.
- Remove any bones from a large salmon or ocean trout fillet. Cover the fish with the salt mix on all sides, then seal with plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped fish on a baking tray, cover with a plate and top with weights, then refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unwrap fish and rinse gently in cool water to remove all salt and sugar. Top with chopped dill and a sprinkling of dried capers.
- Slice thinly and serve with rye bread, sour cream and thinly sliced red onion.