The Essential Ingredient first opened its doors in 2004 in centre of the food bowl of the Central West NSW. Known for it’s good food and cool climate wines, Orange is home to some of the best regional restaurants in NSW and an Essential Ingredient store is a perfect fit for a town such as ours. Moving on a couple of years the business was sold to a local family with a background in hospitality and farming in the local area. We are proud to have now been servicing the Central West’s best restaurants and home cooks alike for over 16 years.
What we are loving…
- In the summer time we can’t live with out our paella burner. It’s a nice change from the BBQ when entertaining & portable enough to take camping.
- A must have item on a cheese board is Marzano fig paste. It’s the perfect accompaniment to triple creams & mature cheddars.
- When entertaining, a Le Creuset French oven is a must. Not only can you cook in them but fill them with ice & top with seafood to keep cold.
- During the cooler months we love to cook out of Winter Wild by Janice Sutton – it also has the most stunning food photography.
- We currently can’t resist Mr Consistant cocktail mixer!