It’s been a long day, then you get to your fridge, and the day gets longer… The chances of getting something nourishing and tasty up for dinner looks farther and farther away… enter the humble dumpling!
We’ll guide you through a range of dumplings, from Japanese Gyoza to Korean Mandu to Chinese Wontons, each with different folds and fillings. You’ll also learn about flavour combinations, pantry staples to make the best dumplings and a few fun shortcuts to a fast and lip-smacking dinner.
Dipping Sauces will be created and you will cook them in all the ways known to man; pot stickers, boiled, steamed, fried and in broth – you may even come up with some new ones.
- Japanese Pork Gyoza
- Korean Kimchi and Sweet Potato Noodle Mandu
- Chinese Wontons in Aromatic Broth
- Nepalese Momo with Beef and Cumin
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.