Yum Cha Cooking Class
On Saturday 23rd May chef Wanitha Tanasingam is visiting our cooking school to share her incredible knowledge of food and her secrets to perfecting Asian cooking.
In this class, you will get hands-on and make a range of iconic Yum Cha dishes and enjoy a traditional tea with the banquet at the end of class.
- Steamed Scallops with Green Onion & Ginger
- Stuffed Eggplant with Black Bean Sauce
- Jien Yim Siew Yao (Salt & Pepper Squid)
- Gai Lan in Oyster sauce (Chinese Broccoli)
- Prawn Gow Gee (Dumplings)
- Prawn & Chicken Wonton Soup
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit our Junction Fair store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.