Join us for a morning of fabulous Yum Cha! You will learn how to make all your favourite Asian lunch delights from scratch. On our mouth-watering Yum Cha menu:
Prawn and Chicken Wonton
Crab Gow Gees
Eggplant stuffed with Seafood in Black Bean Sauce
Kai Lan in Oyster Sauce
Salt and Pepper Squid
And of course copious amounts of heart-warming Pure Ceylon Green Tea. Yum Cha! Drink Tea!
Growing up in Penang, Wanitha moved to Australia in 1982. She learned the art of cooking from her father, who he was the Head Chef of the Kedah Royal Family in Malaysia. Wanitha later started her own restaurant and cooking school. She is a real goddess of flavours and spice and with her engaging personality, her positive energy and her incredible knowledge of Asian food she will show you the secrets of Malaysian cooking heritage.
“Food is togetherness, creating deep connections between people, place and soil, linking the globe across time and culture. Cooking is history. Every dish tells a story.” (Wanitha Tanasingam)
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
3. Registration is from 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
4. All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
5. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us prior to booking on 02 9555 8300.