- This event has passed.
Whole Fish Butchery with Paul Niddrie
Join Chef Paul Niddrie (Flotilla, Muse Kitchen) for an afternoon of breaking down and cooking the whole fish.
There are advantages to living on the edge of the world – not only are we surrounded by endless coastlines but the riches of the ocean are at our fingertips. This class will help you turn your mind and your kitchen towards preserving that bounty.
We will show you the of break down of a whole fish, then you’ll grab your knife and get to work with our guidance. We’ll be focusing on building a balance of flavours and an ethical approach to fish butchery.
Cooking Techniques Covered: Aging fish, whole fish butchery, filleting, slicing for sashimi and more…
- Snapper ceviche tacos with fresh corn tortillas, avocado, tomatillo salsa and jalapeno
- Smoked kingfish salad, Provençal-style with goats curd, peas, celeriac, white dashi, cress
- Calamars a la Basquaise with chorizo, cherry tomato, chilli, guanciale
- Fresh baguette to accompany and wine, of course!
You’ll then sit down for lunch with a glass of wine and an opportunity to ask the chef all of your fish-related cooking questions.
To avoid the Eventbrite booking fees, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card please contact us directly and we would be happy to enroll you (02) 4926 1991. You can also visit us in-store.
To Do List
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- We are doing our bit to save the planet. There are often leftovers at the end of a class, we will no longer be providing plastic containers and instead suggest you bring something from home to put them in.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.