- This event has passed.
Verdure – Quick Italian Vegetarian
Verdure – the Italian word for Vegetables, and so much more. Verdure means vibrant, lush vegetable gardens brimming with peak produce. It can also conjure up the rolling hills of Tuscany in all their green glory. We are going to explore the bountiful world of Italian Vegetarian in this 2-hour whirlwind tour.
Your Menu includes…
- Focaccia Col Formaggio – thin and crispy focaccia stuffed with sfogliata cheese and topped with olive oil and flaky sea salt
- Pepperonata with Vin Cotto and Capers – the perfect capsicum and tomato ragout you’ll use everywhere (with our focaccia, sourdough, eggs, in pasta, on polenta, the possibilities are endless!)
- Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Raisins – agrodolce style! Who says eating your greens has to be boring?
- Hasselback Butternut Squash with Crispy Chickpeas, Salsa Verde Whipped Ricotta and Chili Oil – a stunning table centerpiece
Take a seat at our table devoted to the art of Italian Vegetarian – enjoy a glass of wine and imagine yourself walking over the cobblestones of a city alive with music, laughter and food!
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.