- This event has passed.
Vegan Smoky BBQ
Learn to cook American style vegan smoky BBQ dishes at this cooking workshop in Sydney.
We’re flipping the script on barbecue – and leaving the meat behind! With so much flavour from the smoke and those sweet and salty sauces, you can create a crowd-pleasing and totally plant-based BBQ menu for your outdoor entertaining.
Join us for a tasty workshop to expand your repertoire and learn tips and techniques for creating delicious and totally vegan versions of some classic BBQ dishes.
Whether you’re a beginner cook looking to gain some confidence in the kitchen or just looking for some inspiration, this hands on cooking class is perfect for you!
On the menu
Vegan coleslaw with chilli mayo – Southern-style slaw with homemade chili mayo
Smoked tempeh and tofu – the art of smoking tempeh and tofu to use in all kinds of dishes
Smoked tofu sliders – Use your new-found smoking skills to make these amazing sliders
BBQ pit beans – Packed full of goodness, this tangy sweet & sour bean dish is great any time of the day
Grilled spiced corn with “blue cheese” sauce – Spicy corn grilled with a side of vegan blue cheese dipping sauce
Introduction to some of the plant-based substitutes used in vegan cooking
Step-by-step discussion of the recipes for the workshop
Demonstration and hands-on cooking (in small groups) to follow recipes
Working with weights and measures
Essential knife skills
To do list!
– Wear closed-toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.