- This event has passed.
Vegan Seasonal Cooking: Basics & Beyond
Learn to cook a plant-based seasonal 3-course meal.
So you’ve got vegans coming for dinner? Or maybe you’ve made the choice to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet & you want to learn some vegan basics?
Spend a tasty evening with Kate Jones, Sydney Vegan Market mover & shaker, to learn how to cook some totally vegan dishes that really pack a flavour punch.
This workshop will introduce some of the techniques and essential ingredients used in vegan cooking. You’ll come away with all you need to know to create a seasonal and delicious plant-based dinner party – including entree, main and of course, the all-important yummy dessert!
Whether you’re a beginner cook looking to gain some confidence in the kitchen or just looking for some inspiration, this hands-on cooking class is perfect for you!
On the menu
Party-starter hummus – you’ll never go hungry once you know how to make amazing customizable hummus!
flax crackers – healthy, crunchy and delicious
Sensational salad – full of crunchy, toasty & fresh ingredients
Eggplant involtini – with a herbed vegan cheese filling, rich tomato sauce and cheesy crust
New York style baked vegan cheesecake – creamy and rich, your guests will never guess this is vegan!
Introduction to some of the plant-based substitutes used in vegan cooking
A step-by-step discussion of the recipes for the workshop
Demonstration and hands-on cooking (in small groups) to follow recipes
Working with weights and measures
Essential knife skills
The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills
146 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills
Please note: Street parking is very limited nearby. You might try St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills. It is a 5-minute walk from the venue, with casual parking rates after 5pm at approx. $4/hour.
Please come prepared
All participants must wear closed-in shoes
Bring an apron – or wear clothes that you don’t mind getting messy
Bring food containers to take home your delicious creations
Arrive up to 15 minutes before the class start time
Our class size maximum is 12. If the minimum number of 8 participants is not reached, the course may be postponed, or cancelled and a refund issued.
Please try to be punctual. Late arrivals can cause disruptions and delays for the other participants.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.