- This event has passed.
Vegan Cheese Making and Accompaniments
Learn to make your own vegan cheese at this workshop in Sydney.
You won’t believe how easy and satisfying making your own vegan cheeses really is! Learn how to make a range of nutritious and delicious plant-based appetisers using whole foods. No nasties or synthetic ingredients here!
Using protein-rich nuts and other plant-based ingredients, you’ll learn a range of techniques to add that ‘cheesy’ element to your menu. Make your own cheese to melt into creamy sauces, add to pasta dishes, bake in pastries – or simply feature on an elegant vegan cheese platter.
This class is perfect for beginners or home cooks alike.
On the menu
You will make in class:
Cashew & herb – a tasty and sliceable block vegan cheese
Vegan mozzarella – melty, stretchy and creamy
Vegan butter – a natural alternative to store-bought margarines
Here’s some we prepared earlier… These things take longer, but you will sample home-made:
Cultured vegan butter
All this will be assembled with crackers and fruit onto a beautifully presented cheeseboard for you to enjoy with a glass of chilled wine at the end of the session.
Please note: Street parking is very limited nearby. You might try St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills. It is a 5-minute walk from the venue, with casual parking rates after 5pm at approx. $4/hour.
Please come prepared…
We’ve cut out disposable plastics, so please bring your own food containers to take any leftovers home
All participants must wear closed-in shoes
Aprons supplied, but dress appropriately for the kitchen, and tie back long hair
Arrive up to 15 minutes before the class start time
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the course may be postponed or cancelled and a refund issued.
Please try to be punctual. Late arrivals can cause disruptions and delays for the other participants.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via SMS or email.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.