NEW – Sweet & Savoury Breadmaking
Are yeasted breads your Achille’s Heel? Fear not – we’re here to guide you through a few back-pocket recipes that will give you foundational skills so you can traverse the wild world of yeast with more confidence and a little bit of flair.
We’ll learn all about the stages of dough making – mixing, proofing, moulding/shaping and then the final proof and bake. You’ll also get invaluable technical advice about how time and temperature plays a critical role in baking, and how to use that to your advantage.
Baker Kelly Syms will show you how to take each of these recipes and chop and change them for different flavour profiles and cuisines.
- Hearth-style No Knead Loaf with Toasted Grains
- Parker House Rolls with Smokey, Spiced Drawn Butter
- Brioche Rounds with Rhubarb, Orange and Vanilla
- Scallion Flatbreads with Gochujang and Black Sesame
If you can’t make this date – we have another Sweet & Savoury Breadmaking class on Tuesday 31st May (click the date for tickets).
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.