- This event has passed.
Tokyo Local Chef’s Table
To celebrate the release of their much anticipated book Tokyo Local, Caryn and Brendan Liew are preparing a yoshoku meal full of delicious dishes designed for shareing. Enjoy Crab croquettes, Mentaiko pasta, Miso marinated beef with sides of Jako salad and Hisui nasu ending with Matcha financiers, not your traditional Japanese fare but the modern food that defines Tokyo today.
A copy of Tokyo Local is included in the ticket price.
This cooking class is a Chef’s Table hosted by the presenter with seating around our communal tables.
Caryn and Brendan Liew are the creators of Chotto, the one-year only Japanese cafe that brought ryokan-style traditional Japanese breakfast to Melbourne in 2016. Brendan previously worked at the three Michelin-starred Nihonryori Ryugin in Roppongi, Tokyo and Hong Kong. He also studied the art of ramen-making in Japan prior to delving into kappo and modern kaiseki cuisine.
For more details please call (03) 9827 9047
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. Confirmed booking may be transferred to another class or another person if more than 7 days notice is given.
3. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
4. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us
on 03 9827 9047 prior to booking.
5. All classes are designed for attendees 18+years.
6. Registration is required 30 minutes prior to commencement of class.