- This event has passed.
Rivers of Flavour – Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam
China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea. All distinct countries in their own right, but masters of harmonizing and layering rivers of flavour. In this class, we want to draw inspiration from all of these incredible cuisines. We’ll create over the top dishes that tantalize your palate and switch on your senses. Come join us in a food experience that says “To Asia, With Love”.
We’ll teach you how to reach into your pantry and pull off a fantastic meal by using powerhouse ingredients like Black Bean Paste, Miso, Fish Sauce, Black Garlic, Gochujang and more. You’ll then learn a multitude of techniques including making the perfect crackling and roast pork (worth it’s weight in culinary gold!).
Your Menu includes…
- Kimchi Duck Soup with Tofu and Egg – Rich Korean duck broth with Tongbaechu kimchi, gochujang, tofu, black bean marinated egg
- “Crying Tiger” Wagyu Tataki – Wagyu sirloin glazed with miso, served raw with spicy salad
- Pork Belly Rice Paper Rolls with Black Garlic Cucumber, Duck Liver Parfait and Peanut Fish Sauce Praline – Learn how to achieve perfect crackling and succulent roast pork, then layer it into the best rice paper roll you’ll ever wrap your lips around.
- Yuzu Gin Highballs with Rosemary – Taking the classic Japanese Highball and adding an herbaceous, floral twist
To avoid the Eventbrite booking fees, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card please contact us directly and we would be happy to enroll you (02) 4926 1991. You can also visit us in-store.
To Do List
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- We are doing our bit to save the planet. There are often leftovers at the end of a class, we will no longer be providing plastic containers and instead suggest you bring something from home to put them in.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.