Ka-BAO! – Bao making with Suki Kwon
She’s perfected the pillowy soft triple rise dough. Her fillings are on point and totally more-ish. Her sauces and pickles are a perfect example of how good food starts and ends with quality produce and ingredients. All that’s left is for you to come and learn!
Join our Bao-making class with chef and local caterer Suki Kwon (from Sukimama Catering), and learn how to make these Taiwanese street food delicacies at home.
- Bao Buns
- Slow braised 5 spice pork belly
- Crispy tempura soft shell crab
- Special Sauce
- Mixed Pickles
- Candied nuts
- I can’t believe you’re still reading this and haven’t booked in!
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.