- This event has passed.
Join us on Tuesday 1st September as we celebrate Spanish cuisine in Newcastle’s foremost Spanish Tapas cooking class at the Essential Ingredient.
Did you know that ‘tapa’ means ‘to cover’?! In its earliest incarnation a ‘tapa’ was given (think slice of cheese or Jamon) to place over your drink to keep the flies out, to hide the smell of bad wine and to keep the wind from blowing your drink everywhere. Nowadays we make and eat Spanish Tapas because it’s damn delicioso!
We are lucky enough to have the sparklingly fabulouso Ricardo Zaratustra to guide us through this classic Spanish Tapas.
- Tortilla Espanola
- Gambas al Ajillo Prawns sautéed in garlic
- Croquetas with Salted Cod
- Pulpo a la gallega Galecian style octopus with paprika
- Churros with Chocolate Sauce
If you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.