- This event has passed.
Join us on Thursday 10th June as we celebrate Spanish cuisine in Newcastle’s foremost Spanish Tapas cooking class at the Essential Ingredient.
Did you know that ‘tapa’ means ‘to cover’?! In its earliest incarnation a ‘tapa’ was given (think slice of cheese or Jamon) to place over your drink to keep the flies out. It could also be to hide the smell of bad wine and to keep the wind from blowing your drink everywhere. Nowadays we make and eat Spanish Tapas because it’s damn delicioso!
We are lucky enough to have the sparklingly fabulouso Ricardo Zaratustra to guide us through this classic Spanish Tapas.
- Tortilla Espanola
- Gambas al Ajillo Prawns sautéed in garlic
- Croquetas with Salted Cod
- Spanish Flag Skewers
- Churros with Chocolate Sauce
If you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card or to avoid the online booking fee, contact us directly and we will enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991). Alternatively, visit us in-store at The Junction Fair and purchase tickets over the counter.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so please bring Tupperware from home to put them in. We will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.