- This event has passed.
Bread making is one of the most satisfying and nourishing experiences to be had in the kitchen. In this 3hr hands-on class, Jeffrey Simonetta will teach you the secrets to making perfect sourdough and lay the foundation for successful and confident baking at home.
What you will learn
– The history of this ancient method of bread making
– The fermentation process and how to create your own sourdough starter
– How to keep your sourdough alive! So you can use it all the time
– The health and flavor benefits of eating fermented bread
– How to use a sourdough starter to create different products
– A sourdough starter for you to take home, Jeffrey is sharing his starter with you that he’s been keeping alive for 22 years now!
– A delicious lunch platter and glass of wine to accompany your freshly made bread
Cinnamon and Raisin Sourdough Toast
Sourdough Starter to take home, no pressure on you to keep this alive…it’s only been going for 22 years so far
About The Chef
Jeffrey Vincent Simonetta is an Australian–Italian Chef who has worked under some of Australia’s most influential Chefs.
His family background, thick with Italian culture, influenced the way in which he sees cooking and produce. It taught him that; “To be Italian is to be passionate. It is to intimately taste wine, sauce, and ripe olives, as well as appreciating simplicity and nature, from the fragrance of the spring air, the skill of the sculptor, and the soul of the painter. It means to belong to a gene pool influenced by some of the most interesting cultures in history and translate those onto a plate”.
To do list!
– Wear closed toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.