Sourdough – The MOTHER of all Breads!
As the great philosopher Cervantes said – “All sorrows are less with bread!
Come and learn how to cultivate (and name) your own sourdough starter, mix doughs by hand, scale and shape loaves then bake them in your home oven (with a little help from some essential tools) for instagram-worthy results.
Let our qualified Baker (Kelly Syms) explain the science behind sourdough, and break down basic Baker’s Math that will help you create your own recipes and show you how to fit sourdough baking into your busy schedule.
You’ll be transported to the best bakeries from Paris to San Francisco when you crack open your own, handmade loaf. Come start your ‘Breaducation’ with us!
Due to the nature of baking bread there will be time set aside for questions and answers – have a coffee and eat some hot baked sourdough with butter and jam.
We have put together a ‘Baker’s kit’ filled with essential tools to ensure your ease of replication at home.
The kit contains:
- Bakemaster oval proving basket (27cm)
- Bowl scraper
- Bench Scraper
- Lame (baker’s blade)
- Digital thermometre
- 200ml FIDO jar
Attendee pre-order price: $58.25(20% discount)
The kit must be pre-ordered at time of booking, and will be ready for use during the class so please contact the store directly if you would like to take advantage of this offer on 4926 1991.
Should you NOT wish to purchase the Baker’s Kit it is imperative that you bring these items to the class:
- A proofing basket – If round no bigger that 25cm diameter, if rectangular no longer than 27cm .
- A jar to take home your mother (no – not that mother!)- the jar must not seal tightly and be easily opened (or it will explode)
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.