- This event has passed.
Slow Cooking- sponsored by Le Creuset
It’s the weekend, which means time to slow down with some winter warming slow cooking.
Today, Jeffery Simonetta will share 3 spectacular slow cooked meat recipes and you will then prepare an array of accompaniments from scratch to enjoy with this sumptuous feast.
Slow roasted pork belly– Crispy and tender oven roasted pork belly, fresh made aioli and salad
Slow cooked braised lamb shoulder – Red wine braised delicate lamb shoulder with minted pea mash and dill gravy
Slow cooked Brisket – Oven braised brisket with homemade BBQ sauce and dirty rice
Warning- you may need to arrange transportation home due to Meat coma!
All dishes will be prepared in the stunning Le Creuset Cast Iron pots and and they are giving all atendees to this course one of their handy Silicone Professional Cerise Jar Scrapers ( just to get every inch out of that Nutella jar!)
This course was the most popular class of Winter last year, we have scheduled multiple classes but advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
About The Chef
Jeffrey Vincent Simonetta is an Australian–Italian Chef who has worked under some of Australia’s most influential Chefs.
His family background, thick with Italian culture, influenced the way in which he sees cooking and produce. It taught him that; “To be Italian is to be passionate. It is to intimately taste wine, sauce, and ripe olives, as well as appreciating simplicity and nature, from the fragrance of the spring air, the skill of the sculptor, and the soul of the painter. It means to belong to a gene pool influenced by some of the most interesting cultures in history and translate those onto a plate”.
To do list!
– Wear closed toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.