In this hands-on cooking class Nonna Angelina DiLorenzo will teach you how to make seasonal gnocchi from scratch.
In this class Nonna Angie will impart her tips and tricks on how to create light and fluffy gnocchi. She will teach you how to properly prepare your potatoes and how to treat your dough. You will learn how to shape, roll and portion your own dough into gnocchi dumplings. Finally, you will learn how to cook these Italian delicacies to perfection!
Learn how to concentrate the flavour of early baby tomatoes with a sauce of Tomato Pesto and Grilled Corn to go with your fresh gnocchi, along with the classic sauce of Brown Butter and Sage with a zesty lemon twist. Angie will demonstrate a delicious and seasonal salad to accompany your main course.
- Handmade Potato Gnocchi
- Tomato Pesto and Grilled Corn Sauce
- Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
- Green Bean and Toasted Almond Salad
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.