- This event has passed.
Pasta Making- Valentines Day
This is a 3-hour workshop where you will learn the art of making perfect pasta from our in-house Italian Chef, Davide Tonucci.
This course includes a meal upon completion of the course of everything you have created with a cold Aperol Spritz, Buon appetite!
On the menu
– Pasta, pasta, pasta! Each student to make their own dough and then break into groups to roll it out into different forms that include Fettucine….
– Italian Sugo, Davide will share his recipe with you.
– Sauce Puttanesca
– Sauce Marinara
– Seasonal Salad, Davide will choose a recipe to share with you based on the best produce found that day
– Crostata with Jam, a delicious sweet Italian tart filled with Jam
– Aperol Spritz, our favourite Italian drink!
Skills covered in this course
– Making your own pasta dough
– Use of the pasta machine and how to handle and cook pasta in different forms
– Key Knife skills
– Learn to produce the perfect Italian Sauce and the art of balancing flavours
– Presentation skills, make your food look fabulous!
– Eating- this part is by far the easiest
About Davide Tonucci
My first memories of making pasta are from when I was a kid. I remembered sitting down with my mamma on a Sunday morning, helping her pinch the pasta to make cappelletti for the Sunday lunch (and eating the scraps of raw dough).
Born and raised in a seaside town on the Italian east coast, Davide’s passion for food was ignited as a child, watching and helping his mamma and Nonna making fresh pasta.
In his 20’s he began working in local seafood restaurants and spent time developing his craft under the supervision of a Michelin star chef.
In later years, Davide earned the position of head chef for a well-renowned restaurant in his hometown.
The love of travel, adventure and new experiences brought Davide to Australia in 2011. He quickly found his feet as he stepped into various kitchens across Sydney’s fine dining scene.
A love for fresh seasonal produce is what drives Davide as he prepares classic and modern dishes- always with an equal portion of both Italy and Australia in his heart.
To do list!
– Wear closed-toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5 pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.