- This event has passed.
Oodles of Noodles and Dumpling Making
3 TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE ON JULY 2ND!
In this hands-on class, you will learn the art of making fresh Asian egg noodles from scratch with the goddess of flavour and Asian cuisine, Wanitha Tanasingham. You will then create a full menu of sauces and accompaniments to go with your noodles that include a steaming flavoursome chicken broth that we get brewing hours before your arrival, which you will then learn to make yourself and have you never wanting to buy pre-made chicken stock ever again!
The table will be adorned with fresh produce for you to select and cook up with the fresh noodles you have prepared.
All made from scratch!
Homemade Asian eggs noodles, prepare dough, roll and cut to your desired thickness
Pork and Prawn Gow Gee- Learn to fill and roll these delicious potstickers
Char Siew BBQ Pork
Oodles of vegetables!
Enjoy a delicious meal upon completion with a beer or Reisling
About the Chef
Growing up in Penang, Wanitha moved to Australia in 1982. She learned the art of cooking from her father, who he was the Head Chef of the Kedah Royal Family in Malaysia. Wanitha later started her own restaurant and cooking school. She is a real goddess of flavours and spice and with her engaging personality, her positive energy and her incredible knowledge of food she will show you the secrets of Thai cooking.
“Food is togetherness, creating deep connections between people, place and soil, linking the globe across time and culture. Cooking is history. Every dish tells a story.” (Wanitha Tanasingam)
Measures in place with COVID Restrictions
Your safety comes first, our COVID Safety Plan will be presented to each attendee upon arrival. Please contact us if you would like to have a copy in advance.
– Reduced class size to accommodate 1.5 Metre distancing
– Stringent hygiene measures in place
– Class credit to those who are not well enough to attend
– New class format with less teamwork and more individual tasks
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.