Chef’s Table Masterclass with Paul Niddrie (Newcastle Food Month)
Newcastle Food Month is a month-long festival with dozens of individual food focused events and activities. The heroes are of course Newcastle and our fabulous dining scene! We’ve decided to jump on board with a signature Masterclass experience with one of Newcastle’s own – Chef Paul Niddrie (Flotilla, Muse Kitchen).
Paul will be serving up an incredible 4-course menu done in his signature style. He’ll demonstrate each dish in front of you while holding court. Paul will explain the methodology and philosophy of working with local ingredients. We’ll also provide each guest with a flight of matching wines and spirits for the evening. Finally, the class will conclude with an enlightening chat about each pairing and how it compliments each dish.
- Pickled Mackerel, Miso-Soy Custard, Cucumber, Sourdough
- Buttermilk Fried Fish Wing, Gochujang, Peanut, Hot Sauce
- Duck, Corn Custard, Shrimp Sauce, Daikon Fondant, Pickled Radicchio
- Brown Sugar and Smoked Apple Pie, Salted Coconut
– Please note that there can be NO MENU SUBSTUTIONS for this dinner. Wheat/gluten, dairy, seafood and meat will be present.
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, contact us directly and we enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit our Junction Fair store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.