- This event has passed.
The intriguing world of molecular gastronomy will be unmasked in this 3hr hands-on class. Learn fundamental techniques including Spherification, gels and turning unlikely ingredients into soils. You will be expertly guided through each step by chef Danny Russo and chef Brian Steel as you create your own molecular gastronomy wonders.
– Spherified Cocktails (Mojito / Bloody Mary / Mai Tai) – [Sodium alginate / Calcium Lactate Gluconate / Xanthan Gum]
– Seared Scallops with Chorizo soil – [Maltodextrin]
– Transparent & Hot Tomato and Cheese Panna cotta – [Low Acyl Gellan Gum]
– Sweetcorn and Basil Spaghetti with a Rich Crab Sauce [Everything Noodle Mix]
ABOUT THE CHEF:
Brian Steel has a Cordon Bleu Master’s Degree in Gastronomy, and more than a decades worth of knowledge and experience with modernist cuisine, its foundations and techniques. Brian’s Molecular Gastronomy expertise is now highly sought after by both chefs and home cooks alike. He has collaborated globally in this field, and regularly consults with chefs and restaurateurs to help in the development of new dishes with a modern twist.
His classes will provide you with the foundational knowledge and skills to create such things spherifications, hot gels, flavoured noodles, soils / powders, and hot and cold foams. This will provide you with the confidence to explore what is an exciting area of cooking, which simply centres on a better understanding of both method and ingredients.
No matter what the approach, from a simple braise to a highly complex molecular dish, Brian’s basic philosophy is the same: it needs to taste fantastic.
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
3. Registration is from 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
4. All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
5. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us prior to booking on 02 9555 8300.