- This event has passed.
The intriguing world of molecular gastronomy will be unmasked in this 3hr hands-on class. Learn fundamental techniques including Spherification, gels and turning unlikely ingredients into soils. You will be expertly guided through each step by Chef Brian Steel as you create your own molecular gastronomy wonders.
Spherified Cocktails (Mojito and Raspberry Gimlet)
Thai Green Curry Noodles with Blue Swimmer Crab
Ultimate Mac n Cheese with Chorizo Soil
Caramalised Carrot Brûlée.
ABOUT THE CHEF:
Brian Steel has a Cordon Bleu Master’s Degree in Gastronomy, and more than a decades worth of knowledge and experience with modernist cuisine, its foundations and techniques. Brian’s Molecular Gastronomy expertise is now highly sought after by both chefs and home cooks alike. He has collaborated globally in this field, and regularly consults with chefs and restaurateurs to help in the development of new dishes with a modern twist.
His classes will provide you with the foundational knowledge and skills to create such things spherifications, hot gels, flavoured noodles, soils / powders, and hot and cold foams. This will provide you with the confidence to explore what is an exciting area of cooking, which simply centres on a better understanding of both method and ingredients.
No matter what the approach, from a simple braise to a highly complex molecular dish, Brian’s basic philosophy is the same: it needs to taste fantastic.
Parking is available at the rear of the store. In the event that the car park is full and you need to park on the street we strongly advise that you thoroughly read street signage as most parking in the immediate vicinity is ticketed and parking inspectors are active in the area 24/7.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Rozelle offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.