- This event has passed.
Modern Greek Cooking
3 TICKETS LEFT, BOOK NOW!
In Greece, it’s all about shared plates, eating together and eating seasonally locally grown produce at any time of day. This hands-on class will celebrate this wonderful culture of eating and expose you to this flavoursome cuisine, with a fresh modern twist.
Ricardo Zaratustra will be teaching this class and sharing recipes from his years dedicated to working in Greek Restaurants here in Australia.
Prepare this spectacular menu, sit down and share this feast with a glass of wine …..aaahhh….now we just need an Island!
Smokey Eggplant Salad with warm pita bread
Grilled Saganaki cheese with honey, toasted walnuts and fresh oregano
Warm salad of Baby Octopus Confit in roast tomato and Kalamata olive salsa
Raw Cauliflower Salad with ancient grains, lemon, fresh herbs and roasted hazelnut
Smokey grilled Lamb with lemon, thyme and seasonal vegetables
Set Greek Yoghurt with honey and pistachio wafer
To do list!
– Wear closed toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.