- This event has passed.
Mexican – Taqueria Style
Have you travelled south of the border? Down Mexico way? Well after this 3 hour hands-on Mexican Taqueria-style class with Harry Callinan you’ll feel like you have.
Mexican food, taqueria-style is all about fresh flavours and flavour layering. Learn how to make and press masa flour tortillas from scratch; make unique salsas for each taco along with smokey grilled meats asada-style, sparklingly fresh fish coupled with bright, zingy flavours and a few surprises along the way (think chile, lime and salt-laced fruit salad, aguas frescas and even a sneaky michelada or two)!
- Fresh yellow and white corn tortillas
- Homemade mexican chorizo tacos with salsa verde
- Fresh fish ceviche tacos with avocado crema
- Flank steak and Oaxacan cheese tacos Mulita-style
- Aguas Frescas
- Micheladas (Mexican Beer Cocktail)
If you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.