Malaysian Cuisine is rich in heritage and heavily influenced by its surrounding countries like India, China and Thailand. In Penang, the streets are covered with food carts offering ready-to-eat dishes like steaming bowls of noodles, rice wrapped in banana leaf and sizzling chicken satay skewers cooked over a smokey grill.
In our class on Saturday 23rd May we’re joined by chef Wanitha Tanasingam who is here to share her knowledge and memories of Malaysian cooking that she gained during her childhood in Penang.
- Spicy Fruit Salad [Buah Rojak]
- Peanut Satay Sauce [Kwah Satay]
- Beef Satay [Satay Daging]
- Chicken Curry [Kari Ayam]
- Sticky Rice Noodles [Char Kway Teow]
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit our Junction Fair store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.