Ladies Who Lunch Cookbook Club
The long lunch – checkered tablecloths laid out in rosy English gardens, white linen dresses, soft grass beneath your feet, inherited cake stands and cut crystal glasses, none matching but beautiful nonetheless. Unrefined but deeply comforting and relaxed. This is where we want to take you with our Ladies Who Lunch Cookbook Club.
We’ll meet six times a year to celebrate a chosen cookbook by cooking through recipes, sharing stories and breaking bread together. We’ll have copies available for purchase if you’ve yet to experience the delights of our specially selected book.
Our first lunch will take inspiration from Diana Henry’s ‘How to Eat a Peach’, an evocative book of menus. Chef Paul has created a class that gives you effortless, elegant dishes for your next long lunch. We’ll cook together, eat a relaxed lunch and enjoy a glass of wine or two.
- Hot Corn Cakes with Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche
- Crab, Tomato and Saffron Tart
- Oi Muchim – Korean Cucumber Salad
- Mouclade – Mussels in Curried Broth
- Roast Tomato Salad with Fennel, Chickpeas, Preserved Lemon
Paul will also prepare his Chocolate Mousse Cake for dessert.
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.