- This event has passed.
Korean Banquet Masterclass
Join us on an incredible culinary journey with our Korean Banquet Masterclass.
Korean cooking is packed full of flavour and fresh ingredients. In this class you will be introduced to and cook with these flavourful ingredients that are iconic to Korean cuisine. They include deep, umami-rich flavours, pickled and fermented side dishes and exciting texture. Guests will learn about Korean banquets, the importance of Kimchi culturally and culinarily and what it takes to recreate Korean food at home.
At the end of this 4 hour class we will celebrate by having our own Korean banquet, with wine included of course! Geonbae!
- Korean BBQ including Beef Bulgogi, Pork Belly, Pork Neck
- Ssäm accompaniments for the BBQ
- KFC – Korean Fried Chicken
- Kimchi Pancake
- ‘How to’ make Kimchi (demonstration only)
Plus Banchan (Small Dishes) –
- Gamja Jorim (Stock-Simmered Potatoes)
- Mu Saengchae (Spicy Radish Salad)
- Oi Muchim (Spicy Cucumber Salad)
- Sigeumchi Namul (Savoury Spinach Salad)
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in. We will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information