Kitchen Essentials – Braising
Europe is the home of braised dishes, perfect for Melbourne’s winter. Starting with a simple lamb shoulder ragu, Nicki will show how to break down and brown the meat before braising with stock and wine. From France comes the classic red wine braise of coq au vin, and travelling further east, a hearty beef goulash will use secondary cuts enlivened with spices and served with spaetzle.
This is a hands-on workshop & involves working in small groups to learn, cook & prepare dishes eaten for lunch under the guidance of the chef/presenter.
Nicky Riemer is the Head Chef of Bellota Wine Bar in South Melbourne.
For more details please call (03) 9827 9047
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. Confirmed booking may be transferred to another class or another person if more than 7 days notice is given.
3. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
4. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us
on 03 9827 9047 prior to booking.
5. All classes are designed for attendees 18+years.
6. Registration is required 30 minutes prior to commencement of class.