- This event has passed.
Kids Class – A Trip to Vietnam (Afternoon)
On Thursday 1st October we are taking a trip to South East Asian and exploring the fresh and vibrant flavours of Vietnam, in this kids cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle! In this 2-hour, hands-on class your kids will learn how to julienne vegetables and how to use fresh rice paper wrappers. They will roll and fry savory meatballs with fresh herbs and safely slice and dice fresh mango for their delicious Vietnamese dessert.
Your kids will make…
- Fresh Veggie Rice Paper Rolls with Dipping Sauce
- Lemongrass Pork Meatballs
- Sweet Coconut Rice with Fresh Mango
Together, we will make, cook and eat together in class. Your child will then take home any leftovers.
To purchase a ticket please call 02 4926 1991 or visit our store in the Junction Fair.
Please note – Our kids classes are designed for children that are 8yrs and over. Our cooking class will often involve knives, working with open flames and hot pans.
To Do List
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to class as you will need to fill out a liability waiver on behalf of your child,
- Please ensure your child is wearing closed-toe shoes [your child will not be permitted to do the class unless they are wearing closed-toe shoes],
- If your child has long hair, please make sure their hair is tied back off their face,
- Bring Tupperware containers in case there are any leftovers to take home.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.