KA-BAO! Bao Making
KA-BAO! Come learn the secrets of making incredible Gua Bao – pillowy soft steamed buns filled with a smorgasbord of deliciousness. From Char Sui BBQ Pork neck to umami-rich marinated shitake mushrooms and Sweet Prawn Bao, we’ve got the goods. Add a drizzle of Nahm Jim Jeow or kewpie mayo then top with coriander, peanut praline and super fresh pickles – great things do come in small packages!
Join our Bao-making class on Thursday 24th June, learn how to make these street food delicacies at home, and dine on this flavourful menu:
- Hand-made Bao Buns
- Char Sui BBQ Pork Neck
- Sweet Prawn Bao
- Homemade Nahm Jim Jeow Mayo
- Marinated Cucumber Pickles – Korean-style
- Pickled Onions
- Peanut Praline and Fresh Herbs
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit our Junction Fair store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.