Japanese by Toko
For this class, Sunil Shrestha will be showing us how to create some dishes from the menu at chic Toko, Sydney.
The class will commence with one of Toko’s classic cocktails, a White Peach and Green Tea Bellini, while Sunil demonstrates his amazing knife skills by filleting a whole Atlantic Salmon, which guests will then prepare and present into 4 sensational Japanese dishes.
This class is 3 actioned packed hours of intense, hands-on learning and includes a sit-down meal at the end of the class to enjoy everything you have created with a glass of wine.
Sunil to demonstrate filleting a whole Atlantic Salmon
Salmon Tartare– wasabi miso, ikura and sweet potato chips
Salmon Sashimi Salad– seaweed, pea sprouts, asparagus, avocado, red radish, soba noodles and soy miso vinegar dressing
Spicy Salmon Maki– salmon skin, avocado, cucumber, squid ink tenkasu and nori paper
Teriyaki Salmon– with Japanese pickles and teriyaki sauce made from scratch
CUSTOMERS WHO BOOK INTO THIS CLASS CAN ENJOY A COMPLIMENTARY COCKTAIL WITH ANY MAIN COURSE ORDERED AT TOKO DINING. THIS VOUCHER WILL BE GIVEN TO EACH ATTENDEE DURING THE CLASS
Toko Sydney, located in the heart of Surry Hills, Sydney’s premier dining precinct, offers diners the chance to experience the informal style of Japanese “izakaya” dining. Combined with Australia’s world-renowned fresh produce and complimented by stunning contemporary design, the Toko dining experience lasts long after diners have left the restaurant.
Upon opening their doors in 2007, Toko swiftly set a benchmark for contemporary Japanese dining in Sydney. Housed within a converted warehouse in Surry Hills, one of Sydney’s premier dining districts, Toko’s ‘less is more’ philosophy presents Izakaya dining in its finest traditions. Toko’s principles are based on the seamless integration of food, drink, service, design, and most importantly their team of people who make it possible.
At the heart of Toko is a strong team of dedicated industry professionals overlooking key aspects of the operation, each bringing with them a wealth of knowledge and international experience. The team is the backbone of the business and ensures Toko provides its customers with a unique luxury experience, combining highly personalised service in an exemplary restaurant setting.
To do list!
– Wear closed toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5 pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.