Italian Baking with The Coastal Italian
We are welcoming Davide Tonucci (The Coastal Italian) back to Essential Ingredient Newcastle to prepare a delightful selection of Italian baked goods and sweets with you. This course is hands-on and you will learn a good selection of technical pastry skills as well as share in the joy that is Italian baking.
- Focaccia – the fluffiest flatbread imaginable, laden with good olive oil. Davide will demonstrate this dough with 2 classic toppings- Rosemary & Sea Salt or Olive & Cherry Tomato
- Grissini – the classic Italian ‘breadstick’, think of them as crunchy vehicles for beautiful Prosciutto. Each student will make this dough and roll out ready to bake.
- Cannoli – crispy parcels of the creamiest Ricotta, studded with nuts, chocolate or candied fruit.
- Crostoli – fried pastry? Of course! You can make this beautiful, light as a feather snack any time.
- Tiramisu – Espresso, Cioccolate, Mascarpone, it doesn’t get much more classic. Each student will prepare a 1 litre container to take home for dinner.
The class will stop and enjoy a lunch of classic Italian anti-pasto, freshly baked Focaccia and a glass of vino.
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in. We will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information