Introduction to Risotto
Unlock the secrets to divinely luxurious risotto with Chef Paul Niddrie in this Introduction to Risotto. We’ll cover everything from creating the perfect stock and nailing your flavour base to getting an ultra-creamy texture, cooking your rice perfectly and of course garnishing it with the most delectable ingredients.
We’ll also chat about flavour variations, using alternative grains and some unique cheeses to create savoury depth and character. We will then sit down together and feast on the ultimate winter warmer – a sublime bowl of Mushroom Risotto.
Come and learn how to master one of the most famous Italian staples in the comfort of our kitchen.
- Prosecco and Antipasti to begin
- An incredible Mushroom Risotto made on Roast Chicken Stock using the classic Arborio Rice, Parmigiano Reggiano, Cracked Black Pepper and garnished with Soy Poached Mushrooms.
- A cheeky glass (or two!) of wine to accompany dinner
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.