Hospitality Industry Cheese-making Workshop
On Monday 19th October expert cheese-maker Hannah Lillywhite [from Milk • Curd • Cheese] is visiting the Essential Ingredient Newcastle to educate hospitality and industry professionals alike on the intricacies of cheese-making.
In this workshop you will learn to craft a range of cheeses that have been carefully selected to suit the commercial kitchen.
This full-day workshop will allow you to experience cheese-making in both a fun and practical manner.
Over 7 hours you’ll make your own ricotta, feta, halloumi and romano.
Hannah will also guide you through all the principals, processes and components of artisan cheese-making. Hannah will instruct you on the following:
- The building blocks of a perfect cheese
- Growing starter culture
- The key steps to create successful cheeses
- Making fresh cheeses
- Crafting hard cheeses
- Maturing/aging cheese
Guest will also enjoy morning tea, lunch and a celebratory glass of wine at the end of the day.
*Please note you will be required to verify your ABN / Business name in order to register for this workshop
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit our store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment
About Hannah Lillywhite
Hannah has been making cheese and running workshops for the past 12 years alongside her father, renowned cheese-maker and microbiologist, Barry Lillywhite. Hannah has worked at Charles Sturt University Cheese Factory in Wagga Wagga, NSW. Here she made her award winning range of Australian Native flavoured cheeses as well as a wide range of traditional styles of cheese. Most recently Hannah, working alongside her father and brother, started the renowned Coolamon Cheese Factory in Coolamon, NSW. Inspired by her passion for cheese-making, Hannah founded ‘Milk.Curd.Cheese’, offering unique cheese-making workshops and experiences for the home cheese-maker.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.