- This event has passed.
Greek Cooking Class
Join us on Thursday 4th March as chef Ricardo ‘Tustra’ Zaratustra guides you through our Greek cooking class in our kitchen at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle.
In Greece it’s all about eating together as a family or community, from a menu that celebrates seasonal, locally grown, fresh produce.
In this hands-on, 3-hour Greek cooking class we’re celebrating this wonderful culture of eating and will introduce you to this flavoursome cuisine – with a modern twist.
Chef Tustra will be your guide in this delicious experience; sharing recipes from his years dedicated to working in Greek restaurants right here in Australia.
- Smokey Eggplant Salad with warm pita bread
- Grilled Saganaki cheese with honey, toasted walnuts & fresh oregano
- Warm salad of Baby Octopus Confit in roast tomato and Kalamata olive salsa
- Marinated Grilled Lamb with lemon, thyme & seasonal vegetables
- Set Greek Yoghurt with honey & pistachio wafer
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, contact us directly and we enroll you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991). Alternatively, visit our Junction Fair store and we will book you into this cooking class over the counter.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so please bring Tupperware to put them in. We will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.