- This event has passed.
Food Styling & Photography for Industry Professionals with Megann Evans
On Tuesday 15th September Megann Evans is hosting a Food Styling and Photography workshop for Industry Professionals at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle.
From 10:30am – 1:00pm, Megann will teach guests how to style and photograph restaurant-quality plates of food.
This workshop will include –
- A snapshot into Megann’s career as a food and lifestyle photographer
- Tips on how to achieve good lighting
- Styling and using props effectively
- Photography equipment
- Hands-on guidance on ‘how to’ edit photographs
- Essential apps and software packages
- Tips on how to store and save photographs
- Information on uploading and scheduling posts for social media
To participate in this workshop, guest are advised to –
- Download the free trial of Adobe Lightroom Classic before the class
- Bring either a working Digital SLR camera, an iPhone or an Android phone to take pictures
Plates of food will be provided for guests to photograph. Each attendee will also learn how to effectively edit their photographs using Adobe Lightroom Classic. Coffee or tea will be provided to each guest on arrival and the workshop will conclude with a Q&A.
Note: This workshop is designed for professionals that work within the hospitality industry. With this in mind, each attendee is required to provide the following information upon booking –
- Job title
- Place of business
- Workplace address
If you would like to avoid the online booking fee or to redeem a Gift Card call 02 4926 1991 and book over the phone. Tickets to this class can also be purchased at our store in the Junction Fair.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes,
- Provide necessary dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. Please read the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle for more information.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every person become familiar with the measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Click on the link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.
About Megann Evans
Megann Evans is a professional food, drinks and lifestyle photographer based in the Hunter Region.
She has worked for local restaurants like Signal Box, Muse Kitchen, Merewether Surfhouse and Doughheads. Megann has also worked for hotels such as the Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore and Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour.