- This event has passed.
Food Photography for Social Media with David Griffen
At this 2.5 hour workshop David will walk you through his unique approach to food photography. Food, backgrounds and props will be provided for you to style and shoot – David will be on hand to guide you and assist you to produce some tasty shots of your own. You’ll get some new ideas and develop your observational and creative skills to compose, style and capture some very engaging and tasty food images.
David will cover:
- The importance of effective story telling – producing a set of images that work together as a cohesive sequential set to create a strong brand story timeline
- Composition and Lighting – compositional techniques and a basic understanding of lighting
- Food and Prop styling – how to best utilise surfaces, objects, produce and available props and backgrounds
- Camera settings and lens selection – basic camera functions and best lenses for different applications
- Overcoming difficult lighting conditions – observation of natural light and application of additional light source
- Mobile Phone Photography – capture and editing food photography on a mobile phone and suggested apps
This class is ideal for food bloggers, Instagrammers, marketing and hospitality operators that want to improve their food styling and photography skills. It is also suitable for home cooks and foodies who want to learn more about capturing great images of their food.
To book your ticket contact The Essential Ingredient Newcastle directly on 02 49261991 and we will happily enrol you into this class over the phone, or visit us in-store.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
About David Griffen:
David Griffen is a successful and creative food photographer recently relocated to Australia from the United Kingdom. After a 12 month road trip around Australia with his family David now calls Newcastle home.
Griffen brings a wealth of experience with him – for the last fifteen years he has been shooting for the top London restaurants and Global food brands. Griffen has extensive experience both working as a food photographer in Asia and also shooting with some of the best chefs in Australia. In 2015 he won the much-coverted award for Food Photographer of the Year and in 2016 his photography blog won in its category at the prestigious UK Blog Awards.
David Griffen is regularly invited to present on the subject of Food Photography for Social Media, most recently in the Art Gallery of Ontario, Canada and also events such as Taste London.