- This event has passed.
A Longrain Farewell
THIS EVENT HAS NOW SOLD OUT, WE HAVE LISTED A LAST AND FINAL DATE OF FRIDAY JULY 5TH.
PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELOW TO BOOK
Surry Hills’s much-loved institution of modern Thai cooking, Longrain, are closing their doors after almost 20 years of serving sophisticated urban chic plates of goodness and cocktails to die for.
The Essential Ingredient has invited Longrain’s Executive Chef Griff Pamment into our Cooking School the week after they close their doors so he can share his success and secrets in this intimate hands-on class. In this class, Griff will be teaching you how to create some of Longrain’s Signature dishes so you can recreate for years to come.
There will be ample time and opportunity for you to ask Griff questions about his culinary journey and time at Longrain. The class will end by sitting down to enjoy this stunning feast with a classic Longrain cocktail
Tickets will sell fast for this event, please book early to avoid disappointment
Filled Eggnet with pork, prawns, peanuts, cucumber relish
A Longrain signature dish, everyone will miss it when Longrain closes. Only a few wise students will be able to replicate it at home. This is a complicated dish layering many flavours and different dressings including the technique for making an eggnet.
Sour Orange Curry with fish, clams, mussels, green papaya, Chinese white cabbage
A very simple curry soup that is an easy one to make in a home kitchen. An introduction to making curry paste from scratch. A great way to hone your skill balancing hot, sweet, salty and sour flavours.
Longrain Banana Fritter with coconut sorbet, tamarind caramel and cocoa crumb
Ping Pong A refreshing delicious classic Longrain cocktail made with lychees, passionfruit, lime, vodka and Lychee liquor
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.