- This event has passed.
Essentially Italian- Mother’s Day Gift Included
For this special MOTHER’S DAY EVENT, we will spoil everyone with a glass of Prosecco or Aperol Spritz to start and all Mum’s will receive one of our new lovely Forest Green Essential Ingredient Tote Bags to take home
Come and work with Italian chef, Davide Tonucci and create a stunning feast that covers the basics of Italian cooking. Everything in this class is made from scratch, you will learn the art of working with beautiful seasonal produce, making pasta, pastry and classic Italian sauces.
The class commences with a refreshing Aperol Spritz and some classic antipasti, as we know you will arrive hungry….and ends with a sit-down meal of everything you have created…Bon Apetit!
On the menu
Taralli, nibble on these crispy bread doughnuts with your Aperol
Crostino di ricotta e mortadella served on toasted Italian bread
Prosciutto e melone prosciutto and rockmelon, a classic summer italian antipasto
Ricotta Gnocchi with Classic Sugo and Pecorino
Pappardelle with classic Pork and Fennel Ragu
Seasonal salad using produce best available
Crostata with wild berries jam and walnuts a classic Italian tart
Skills covered in this course
– Key Knife Skills
– Making and rolling your own pasta dough
– Making and forming perfect Gnocchi
– Use of the pasta machine and how to handle and cook pasta in different forms
– Learn to produce the perfect Italian Sauce and the art of balancing flavours
– Presentation skills, make your food look fabulous!
– Eating- this part is by far the easiest
About Davide Tonucci
My first memories of making pasta are from when I was a kid. I remembered sitting down with my mamma on a Sunday morning, helping her pinch the pasta to make cappelletti for the Sunday lunch (and eating the scraps of raw dough).
Born and raised in a seaside town on the Italian east coast, Davide’s passion for food was ignited as a child, watching and helping his mamma and Nonna making fresh pasta.
In his 20’s he began working in local seafood restaurants and spent time developing his craft under the supervision of a Michelin star chef.
In later years, Davide earned the position of head chef for a well-renowned restaurant in his hometown.
The love of travel, adventure and new experiences brought Davide to Australia in 2011. He quickly found his feet as he stepped into various kitchens across Sydney’s fine dining scene.
A love for fresh seasonal produce is what drives Davide as he prepares classic and modern dishes- always with an equal portion of both Italy and Australia in his heart.
To do list!
– Wear closed-toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5 pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.