- This event has passed.
Essentially French- Surry Hills
During this 3 hour classes, French Chef Pierre Gaudin will guide you through a series of classic French dishes and teach you how to present them with absolute sophistication as he has done for many years working in top restaurants in Paris and France.
Hiding behind this seemingly simple menu is a list of techniques that Pierre will show you and allow you to increase your cooking repertoire to utilise for many other recipes ongoing.
Tapenade with seasonal vegetables
French Chicken Roast– each student will start with their own whole chicken and learn how to portion it down. Pierre will then explain how every part of the bird can be used to prepare this stunning roast with stocks and sauces.
Pomme Fondant– the classic French side to a roast, prepared with good quality stock and plenty of butter!
Carrot and Onion Glace
Individual Tarte Tatin with Crème Anglaise– this time-honoured dessert requires a lot of attention and technique for perfection, Pierre will show you how!
I am a French Chef with 15 years of experience in fine restaurants and hotels and am passionate about respecting the product and reducing wastage.
Born and raised in the surrounds of Paris, I have always been keen to travel to discover new food and meet people. I worked overseas which has enhanced my curiosity and my adaptability – as well as my will to share my French skills.
Since 2014, I have lived in Sydney where I have met passionate people, great native produce and a vibrant coffee community.
As a diving explorer, I have always been attracted by the ocean. In my youth, for 6 years I used to teach sailing in France from Brittany or Corsica.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.