- This event has passed.
The CURDS and the CHEESE – Full Day Workshop
It’s time we had the TALK. You know… THAT TALK. We want to feel comfortable and relaxed, like you can ask any questions that pop up. This is a safe space and it is a completely natural part of life. That’s right – I’m talking about ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶i̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶e̶e̶s̶ The Curds and the Cheese.
On Saturday 3rd of August expert cheesemaker and founder of Milk • Curd • Cheese Hannah Lilywhite educate you on the intricacies of cheesemaking.
Over 7 hours Hannah will put you at ease, with the how tos and what nots of making your cheese. Your day will be filled with cheese and a lark – You heard right there’s Feta, and fine German Quark! Table cheese follows (somewhat like gouda) Then we’ll sit a wee spell for some much needed food(a) *cough*. We’ll minimise waste with Ricotta from whey – and after a wine that’s the end of your day!
This class promises to bring the biggest cheese boffin to his or her knees. So, if you’re into cheese but you can’t see the forest for the trees when it comes to making it, if you’re one of two cheesy peas in a pod looking for a fun and informative day out. Or if you just flat out love it -get on it!
You will make –
- TABLE CHEESE – Akin to fresh pecorino or gouda
- GERMAN QUARK
- WHEY RICOTTA – Smooth silky and creamy
You will take home your cheeses, enjoy a mid morning tea, lunch and finish the day with a celebratory glass of wine.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we will happily enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit us in-store.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.