Culinary Knife Skills. POSTPONED. NEW DATE TBA
Good knife skills are the key to success in the kitchen, once you know the basics, the world of cooking will be opened up to you.
For this course, a professional Chef will teach you how to professionally bone, slice, dice, julienne and chiffonade a range of different ingredients. The kitchen bench will be stacked high with an array of fresh produce for you to practice and the Chef gives you guidance as you go.
Your skillfully prepared food will be transformed into a wonderful feast that you will enjoy for lunch at the end of the class with a glass of wine.
What’s included in this course
How to hold and use a knife effectively
How to sharpen and take care of your knives, good knives can last a lifetime!
Each student to prepare a selection of fresh produce
Class to use all expertly prepared produce to create a meal
Lunch and a glass of wine
Measures in place with COVID Restrictions
Your safety comes first, our COVID Safety Plan will be presented to each attendee upon arrival. Please contact us if you would like to have a copy in advance.
– Reduced class size to accommodate 1.5 Metre distancing
– Stringent hygiene measures in place
– Class credit to those who are not well enough to attend
– New class format with less teamwork and more individual tasks
– Wear closed-toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.