- This event has passed.
Cooking for Teens- Pie Making
This coming school holidays, in this action-packed few hours, a professional chef will expose your teen to the wonderful world of cooking and show how easy it is to prepare delicious food whilst learning a wide variety of fundamental skills at the same time.
By the end of the course, your child will be ready to cook a dinner consisting of an entree, main, dessert and more!
For this class, we will be making our own pastry, resting it and then using it to create some lovely Winter warming Pies and traditional accompaniments to enjoy for a delicious feast at the end of the class. This class is hands-on with lots of content to keep your teen very busy!
Chicken and Smokey Bacon Pie served with a classic green salad
Fish Pie topped with creamy, cheesy mash
Apple and Blackberry Pie with vanilla custard
Skills covered in this course
– Each student to prepare, roll out and form the pastry into individual pies.
– Learn to make a classic Vinaigrette
– Preparation of poultry and seafood
– Learn to make a custard base from scratch
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.