Cooking for Teens- Italian Festa
This coming school holidays, in this action-packed few hours, a professional chef will expose your teen to the wonderful world of cooking and show how easy it is to prepare delicious food whilst learning a wide variety of fundamental skills at the same time.
This is a fabulous class where your teen will work with our in-house Italian Chef, Davide Tonucci, to create a sumptuous Italian Feast.
This is a very busy hands-on class that ends with the group sitting together to enjoy their creations.
– Pasta, each student to learn to make their own pasta dough and work as a team to roll out through pasta machines
– Classic Basil Pesto
– Classic Italian Sugo
– Foccacia with olives
– Panzanella Salad
– Crostata with Nutella, a delicious sweet Italian tart filled with Nutella
– Crostata with Jam, a delicious sweet Italian tart filled with Jam
Skills covered in this course
– Basic food handling and hygiene
– Key Knife skills, each student will commence the class by slicing and dicing everything that is required for the session. Davide will teach the class best practice in handling a knife and how to look after it.
– Sauce making, learn how to balance ingredients to get the perfect flavour.
– Sweet pastry, learn the art of making, rolling and handling
– Dough making, each student will be involved in preparing pasta, focaccia dough
About David Tonucci
My first memories of making pasta are from when I was a kid. I remembered sitting down with my mamma on a Sunday morning, helping her pinch the pasta to make cappelletti for the Sunday lunch (and eating the scraps of raw dough).
Born and raised in a seaside town on the Italian east coast, Davide’s passion for food was ignited as a child, watching and helping his mamma and Nonna making fresh pasta.
In his 20’s he began working in local seafood restaurants and spent time developing his craft under the supervision of a Michelin star chef.
In later years, Davide earned the position of head chef for a well-renowned restaurant in his hometown.
The love of travel, adventure and new experiences brought Davide to Australia in 2011. He quickly found his feet as he stepped into various kitchens across Sydney’s fine dining scene.
A love for fresh seasonal produce is what drives Davide as he prepares classic and modern dishes- always with an equal portion of both Italy and Australia in his heart.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.