- This event has passed.
Cooking for Teens- Autumn Action!
This coming school holidays, in this action-packed few hours, a professional chef will expose your teen to the wonderful world of cooking and show how easy it is to prepare delicious food whilst learning a wide variety of fundamental skills at the same time.
This is a fabulous class that includes lots of Autumn baking where your teen will work with our in-house Chefs will work with you to create a delicious feast.
This is a very busy hands-on class that ends with the group sitting together to enjoy their creations for lunch.
Sour Cream Pastry
Caramelised Onion and Beef Sausage Rolls each student to have a go at rolling the dough assembling the sausage rolls
Handmade Gnocchi with Pork Ragu
Sweet and Salty Cheesecake stacked into glasses with layers of fresh passionfruit
Skills covered in this course
– Basic food handling and hygiene
– Key Knife skills, each student will commence the class by slicing and dicing everything that is required for the session. Davide will teach the class best practice in handling a knife and how to look after it.
– Sauce making, learn how to balance ingredients to get the perfect flavour.
– Sweet pastry, learn the art of making, rolling and handling
To do list!
– Wear closed-toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
Measures in place with COVID Restrictions
Your safety comes first, our COVID Safety Plan will be presented to each attendee upon arrival. Please contact us if you would like to have a copy in advance.
– Reduced class size to accommodate 1.5 Metre distancing
– Stringent hygiene measures in place
– Class credit to those who are not well enough to attend
– New class format with less teamwork and more individual tasks
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.